Thursday 5 April 2012

Minnie Moo Hawk's Unite



To catch up on the fun but brave story of Minnie Moo and Mr Hawk click here
     
Waking up refreshed and invigorated, I did a little cat stretch to make sure everything was still in its proper place before heading out to join Mayor Thumper and Mr T for a spot of breakfast.  I felt terrific! A brand new day had dawned and it was now time for all of us to turn over a new leaf and welcome the Hawk's and their extended family into our Little Village community.

Over a yummy, healthy breakfast of a ‘little bit of this and a bit of that’, we cat-chatted about how excited we were to finally meet Mr Hawk here, in our own backyard. I think Mayor Thumper had a few last minute jitters thinking that Mr Hawk would change his mind and put his old bully suit back on. Like quicksand those thoughts were quickly sunk, after-all we reminded Mayor Thumper of our secret weapon, Mrs Hawk and her mission to encourage Mr Hawk to become a better bird for his own sake and for his family too.

As we were tidying up our breakfast dishes, a shadow passed overhead and a chilling breeze cut through the warm early morning air. Looking up we saw Mr Hawk and his posse of 3 birds begin making their descent down to join us at our makeshift table.

Anticipating a lot of whipped up landing dust we all covered our eyes with our paws but we didn't need to do this as surprisingly they glided in peace and harmony before making a complete stop at the head of the table. We took this as a good omen for our scheduled meeting. 

‘Good Morning Mayor Thumper, Mr T and my old sparring partner, Minnie Moo, how are you all this fine morning?’

In harmony we chorused, ‘We're just terrific Mr Hawk, after the excitement of yesterday we all slept the sleep of tiny little anipals!’

‘I’d like introduce you all to some of my family, this is my Aunty and Uncle Hawk and also my first cousin Hawk.’

After an exchange of 'hi ya', 'how you doing?' Mr Hawk continued, ‘as I promised our meeting was held last night and I'm really pleased to say every single one of the Hawk’s attended. I have to admit I thought it would be really difficult to convince them of our desire to live in peace and harmony, but they just cheered loudly. Hooray! Little did I know they were all stressed out from always having to be the big bad birds.’

‘But they do have one concern. You see our Hawk family is happy to change but their question is; what about the other Hawk’s in the world? What if they come to visit, see one of the little anipals and not aware we live in peace and harmony swoop on down for a mid-afternoon snack?' 

Mrs Hawk and I answered as honestly as we could, ‘well we're going to send out a message via the bird telegraph that we've changed and how we'd like all visitors to respect our choice. We'll all try our hardest but, at the end of the day we can only truly be responsible for our own behaviour. We'll see and hear things we don't like or agree with and, if that's the case, it's ok to simply say, hey I'm not ok with that.'

Speaking for the first time in quite a long time, Mr T wisely said ‘no matter where we live or what we do danger will always be close by. But, if we use a little common sense and talk together we’ll all be as safe as we can be.’

Hoarse from all of my recent yelling and screeching I croaked, ‘yes that's right and I whole-heartedly agree. Besides let me say this, Mr Hawk if you can change your behaviour, I’m ever-so-sure other’s can too. No offence, but you’re one tough old bird!’

Laughter rang out and spread its way around Little Village waking all the anipals from their sleepy beds. Soon and with some still in their PJ's, they all gathered to join in the fun and meet their new feathered beaky neighbours.

As the clock struck just before morning tea time the birds flew off back to their 3rd tree on the left, the rest of us formed another happy congo line and followed the pawty planning committee to help them set up our first ever Little Village fête to be held later that afternoon in the centre of the Village green.

I made a mental note to ask the caterer to make sure there was plenty of birdseed on the menu.

Yours in Friskies Minnie Moo
Missed the Hawk Story. Catch up here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Minnie Moo here, I love your comments as much as I love Friskies!